Here is a selection of the miscellany of thoughts that cross my mind and questions that Google can’t answer.
- Does anyone who is not a product buyer for airlines actually buy those hard dry cookies they give you with your cup of tea?
- Why does my city think icy sidewalks and seniors’ isolation are two separate issues?
- Why do people revere their national flags so much but still let them get faded and torn?
- Why do people throw shoes over power lines?
- Who decided that ‘Cyn’ would be a good abbreviation for ‘Canyon’ on road signs? It took me years to realize it wasn’t a complete word.
- Why do politicians think that austerity measures will save money when we all know that they end up costing us more?
- How many people have stopped driving at night because of ultra-bright headlights?
- How many people have bought an SUV just so those ultra-bright headlights wouldn’t be aimed at their faces?
- Why don’t airports rent cots by the hour for people who have long layovers?
- Why do 24-hour news channels cover such a limited range of issues and nations?
- Is there a silencer for leaf blowers?
- Do authoritarian leaders think they are loved?
- Now that we have a health crisis, can we all agree that some government-provided social and health support systems are a good idea?
Yes, CYN is ridiculous. I was puzzled by that forever. When I somehow figured it out, I was still wondering why?
Hahaha. I’m glad I’m not alone in that, MB!
Sounds like a million dollar idea! Silencers for leaf blowers! And while we’re at it, let’s add weed-wackers & lawn mowers. 🙂
You are welcome to take that idea and make millions from it, Sally!